Monday, March 13, 2006

The lull

So I'm finding myself in the period I like to call "the lull". Basically, that means that the worst of the midterms/assignments are over, and that, apart from a few residual papers, I have a few weeks of quiet-time before finals. Alternatively, you could call this period "the calm before the storm".
My brain's responded by undergoing a complete shut-down. It's been a fantastically relaxing weekend!
My godfather came to visit Canada, and so took us (his wife, his daughter, and myself) to an Ethopian restaurant that I reccomended. Note to self: when reccomending restaurants to polite company, do not chose one where you have to eat with your hands! Apart from the messiness, the restaurant (called le Nil Bleu for you Montrealers) was amazing! The food was super tasty, and they ever have a nice vegetarian section. Everyone eats out of a common dish, and the atmosphere is great.
My cousin Belinda was also in Montreal for a night, and took me out to dinner (I've been eating well!). It was so nice to see her again! How bizarre to think that I might have seen her more this year (twice) than my sister, or father, for example. Belinda's a fashion designer, and was essentially on a world-wide shopping spree to scope out the new trends. She would spend a few days in every major city, shopping for up to 12 hours a day. Isn't that insane?!

Apart from the visits, I've been keeping myself busy from going to a multitude of plays and dance shows, and trying to reconnect with friends. The trouble is, just because I'm in a lull doesn't mean that my friends are! Most of them are still living at the library...
On a final note, spring is the air! It was ten degrees outside all weekend, and despite the fact that it was raining, everyone was out and about, enjoying the nice weather. I'd be lying if I said I didn't wear a skirt. Of course, this being Montreal, it'll likely be minus fifteen in two days, but at least we got to enjoy some hint of spring for a few days.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds like Belinda has found the job all women dream of :). That really is pretty amazing!!
-Ammo

4:17 p.m.  
Blogger James Bond said...

Shop until you drop, huh?! Only a woman would think that shopping for a living would be fun... It all sounds rather awful to me, unless the shopping involves hardware or computer stores. Or perhaps Barnes and Noble.

12:01 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home