Thursday, February 02, 2006

France (my lab partner)

A conversation with France, my very pregnant and very adorable lab partner:

"'Ahhh, j'viens d'entendre une vielle chanson de Radiohead dans la cafeteria... elle a plu a Phillipe"
"Ahhh, I just heard an old Radiohead song in the cafeteria... Phillip liked it."
(France rubs her belly, she's named her child Phillipe)

(sighs)
"Radiohead... je me souviens quand leur album est sortit en '92... je dansais un slow avec un chome... 'ben maintenant j'me souvient plus qui c'etait..."
"Radiohead... I remember when their album was released in '92... I slowed danced with some guy... I can't even remember who it was..."
(France tries to remember)
Moi: "Alors celui-la, il devait etre important!"
Me: "Well, he must have been important!"
(France is feeling nostalgic)
"'92... pfiou! J'avais 22 ans! ... et toi? T'avais quel age?"
"'92... wow! I was 22! What about you? How old were you?"
Moi: "...eeeeuh.... 7 ans??"
Me: "uhhh... 7??"

(France chokes)

She had no idea I was so young. I guess working 15 hours a week in a lab isn't something people my age do much... Also it's unusual for a 19 year old to be so close to graduating! France started uni at 21... haha!
I really like my lab partners. There's Jane and Quin, who mostly speak chinese to each other (but are very nice), Heather (one of my best friends in Montreal), France (who will, sadly, be leaving soon on maternity leave), and Daniel, who is new and doesn't speak much yet. Maybe he just doesn't speak much in general.

It's pretty funny, France is going to deliver her baby in the hospital we work in... in fact, just a few floors away! I can't wait.

3 Comments:

Blogger 007 in Africa said...

See! I told you you were doing fine...Stop stressing out about work, school etc, you're on the right track. xoxo

9:49 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He oui, bon conseil de Dorothee
.....
Arrete un peu de toujours stresser...et moi aussi, i can't wait with the Bako's baby (due in july!!!).

Mom.

5:11 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehe...7...you'z be a young one (says the perpetual 19 year old)...

6:58 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home