Monday, January 16, 2006

Grr!

I got pick-pocketed!

I can't beleive this!

It was on the bus on my way down to campus. I still can't believe the audacity of the pick-pocket-- he unzipped one of my back pack pockets and fished the wallet out. It wasn't a full bus and I didn't notice anyone particularly fishy, so I must have let my guard down.
What annoys me the most about all of this is that it was the most useless theft ever: I didn't even have a loony in my wallet (I'd done laundry the day before). Come on. At least pick someone who looks as though they'd have to money on them. I am a student.
Actually, what annoys me the most is all of the stupid "demarches" (not sure how to say that in english... steps, maybe?) I need to take now: call and cancel the credit card (check), stop by the bank to cancel and obtain a replacement debit card, get a new student card, try and get a replacement driver's license (nigh impossible), etc. etc.
Argh. Aaaargh!

PS: I've been told to remain hopeful. Perhaps the card just fell out of my back pack (yeah, right). Perhaps someone found the discarded wallet and is handing it over to McGill's lost and found. The credit card hasn't been used since I lost the wallet... but it's cancelled now anyways.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh no vic... 2nd time since you moved to montreal!! well at least we didn't have to go looking through dozens of garbage cans this time ;)

11:13 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of your back pockets on your backpack, or pants? Cuz if you didn't notice anyone digging around in your pants...

10:03 a.m.  
Blogger 007 in Africa said...

Man that sucks! On a lighter note, you and Charlotte actually wadded through garbage cans last time (that's actually the right thing to do)?

11:43 a.m.  
Blogger Victoria said...

I think I must have a big sign that says "PLEASE, FEEL FREE TO STEAL MY WALLET" taped to my back. It's not like a particularly fruitful target though...

4:21 p.m.  
Blogger Beaver said...

That's too bad - but you never know... there are honest people (and crooks) out there :)

3:06 a.m.  
Blogger 007 in Africa said...

On a positive note, your blog looks normal again--the posts show up on top.

9:06 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home