Monday, January 23, 2006

Conversations

Some conversations I had yesterday, which still make me giggle today:

Nick: Man, Sam has the worst sense of direction of anyone I know.
Me: I got lost in a depaneur* with Sam last night, actually.
Nick: What? Please tell me it was the Simmons** of deps.
Me: It wasn't so much the size that did me in, rather than the fact that I kept on going in circles.

*Depaneurs are really tiny food stores full of all of the essentials for the lazy student
**Simmons is a gargantuan clothing store here, like J.C. Pennys

Dan: Yeah, my iPod broke a few weeks ago. (sighs)
Dan: Want to see my new one though?
Me: You got another one? Let's see it!
Dan pulls out a walkman
Me:
Wow, I haven't seen of those in years.
Dan: Yeah, I've got some really good tapes.
We start drawing the Apple logo on the walkman and writing "iPod" on it
Me:
Hey, I can lend you an Ace of Base tape, if you want. That's pretty much the only one I own, though.

Carlo: Hey guys! Did you know that they created a pig whose every cell contains the jellyfish gene for fluorescence? It's a green, glow in the dark pig!
Jason, Jon, and I: That's so cool!
Sarah and Dan (i.e. non biologists) roll their eyes

5 Comments:

Blogger 007 in Africa said...

Hey! Could you post a picture of the pig on your blog?

5:14 a.m.  
Blogger Victoria said...

Actually, I linked to the article in qestion (click on "pig").

3:01 p.m.  
Blogger Victoria said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:01 p.m.  
Blogger 007 in Africa said...

oh. Thanks!

2:01 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think those green pigs are cool (and I'm not a biologist)!

Demande a D. de te faire suivre mon message - je n'ai pas reve!

4:50 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home