Thursday, September 22, 2005

Tomatoes!

Oh man, I finally decided to brave and go discover this grocery store called PA. I usually walk about three blocks (LONG BLOCKS!) to the Provigo, which is basically one of those huge ubiquitous grocery stores. But today, I wanted something different.
So I start walking and-- lo and behold!-- a mere block and a half away from my apartment is an "epicier" called PA, full of lovely, fresh, cheap(ish) produce. I'm so excited!
I feel bad now though, because I was counting on visiting the Jean-Talon Market on Sunday (the farmers give you crazy deals like 20 bananas for 3$... but then you're stuck with 20 bananas), and going to Provigo on Monday for their 10% student discount. Uh. Well, at least I have food now. I was looking at a weekend of beans and tuna fish :-).
I was panicked about the Sate of Things yesterday (midterm in... 5 days, classes I missed in D.C. to catch up, must do Evolution reading...) but I've decided it's just way too soon to become burnt out. I don't care. I'll go grocery shopping and not feel guilty about not studying.

3 Comments:

Blogger Beaver said...

anyways, you need to eat to study, don't you ?

(If you go to jean-talon, take 2 minutes to visit la fromagerie hamel. If you enjoy cheese, it's heaven !)

1:29 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Grocery shopping is a necessity! Without food, you'd be unable to study.

Also, call me tomorrow anytime after 1pm if you want to watch Lost. Kate said you wanted to do it tomorrow (Friday afternoon). I have to go out at 7pm, so really, anytime between 1 and 6ish is good for me. (It was so good OMG.)

I think I'll send you an email just in case. :)

-Sarah

12:23 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No time for food! You need to focus exclusively on your studies!! For shame!
Well I'm back from Europe and once more posting annoying comments :) I loved your Mada pictures, it's too bad they're so small! I definitely need to visit the country someday.
Later,
Ammo

11:34 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home