Monday, August 15, 2005

Birthday Wishes

Well, as of yesterday, I'm 19! Let's see what this year has in store for me :-). I'm baffled at how many people actually remembered my birthday, it's so touching!
Here are some nice birthdays wishes people gave me:

"Sweet 19... and never been kissed?" (my dad will always be wishful)

"Happy Birthday! I hope you have a wonderful day."

"19th Birthday's tend to be anti-climatic, you just get older, and you get wrinkles under your eyes, your back starts to hurt, and your hearing goes (speaking entirely from experience). I'm sure your Birthday will be wonderful, and you'll avoid the pitfalls of old age."

"I hope that you're having a fantastic time with your family in Madagascar and that you have a wonderful day! I'm so happy that we met each other last year!" (Me too!!!! Shadowfax!)

"You're catching up with your sister, slowly but surely :)"

Thanks so much!! I got a lovely book on "Les murs peints de Lyon". I don't know--I think mom's subtly hinting at something here ("On le laissera a Lyon, hein"). :D

5 Comments:

Blogger Beaver said...

Happy birthday to you !
You belong in the zoo !
You look like a bonobo !
You should live in Congo !

*evil grin*

;) Have the best !

P.S. You have a friend called Shadowfax ? He/she must be a die-hard Tolkien fan ! Getting Gandalf's horse's name. Wow. Takes Tolkeinitis to a whole new level :)

3:35 p.m.  
Blogger swoods said...

Yay, Shadowfax!!!

I bet, somewhere, Geoffrey is cringing right now.

Did you get my email about the COBRA DANCE people at the museum?!

8:01 p.m.  
Blogger Victoria said...

Yes! OMG! That is SO cool! I probably would have burst out laughing though, which would not be very respectful. Ah, Maya. You know, I think we should send Geoff twins emails that say "Shadowfax!!"

2:21 a.m.  
Blogger Kate said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, VICTORIA!!!

11:27 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Victoria! Congrats on achieving the ripe old age of 19.

Be sure to check out Andasibe in your travels. D and I had a great time there.

best,

Eric

3:10 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home