Sunday, August 28, 2005

Homeward bound?

The only international flights that arrive in Madagascar arrive at midnight. The only international flights that leave Madagascar leave at one in the morning. I don't know why it's this way, but it is.
So my plane leaves tonight (or, rather, tomorow morning?), and I should arrive in Montreal tomorow afternoon.
The trip was amazing. In seven days, we managed to visit Antsirabe, Ambositra, Ramonafana National Park, Fianarantsoa, Ambalavan, Isalo National Park, Tulear, and Ifaty. A map of Madagascar can be found here. The internet here is notoriously slow, so I've decided to wait until I get back to Montreal before I post anything about the trip-- it wouldn't do it justice!
I have so much to do once I get back: gather my boxes, sort out my classes, move into the new apartment, get a phone and internet line, begin classes, re-countact everyone... eep! So I'm sorry if I won't update as soon as I get back!

By the way: Steve in W, the reason I'm lucky enough to visit Madagascar is because my parents moved there last August (at the same time as my sister moved to Senegal, and I moved to Montreal...). I'm trying to take advantage of this opourtunity as much as possible seeing as how they've only moved there for 3 years.

2 Comments:

Blogger Red Handed Jill said...

welcome home, victoria! i can't wait to see all your photos.

~kate

p.s. your new profile pic is gorgeous!

2:58 p.m.  
Blogger Beaver said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:42 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home