Wednesday, August 10, 2005

I am amused!

First off, my family is insane. But at least I can use them as an excuse when my shrink will ask me why I'm so messed up.
I showed Marion around the city today! Our tour mostly consisted of this:
Me: "So... this is le vieux Lyon. Care to invade on several people's privacy and sneak into their courtyards?"
Marion: "Rock on."
Me: "And this is our church--woops, there appears to be several bishops giving a mass in spanish. Retreat, retreat!"
Victoria and Marion run away
Me: "Well, if you climb up some stairs and walk up the rest of the mountain, there's a beautiful view of Lyon from les Fourvieres..." actually exhaused "uh... how about let's just climb the stairs and look at the view from there?"
Marion, who is also exhausted: "How many stairs are there?"
Me: "...Alot."
Marion: "Let's not, and say we did."
Me: "Deal."

We went to the Parc de la Tete d'Or instead and fed the bambis some bread (which is one of my fondest childhood memories... le Parc has a whole enclosure of bambis that are just adorable).
Then we went to go see "Land of the Dead" (in french, no less), which was quite fun! I love the zombie movies. I screamed and scared most people in the theater :-). The funniest thing was that everyone there was either a) a very manly man trying to look tough, or b) on a date. Hehehe.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would just like to say that I read your Poland post, and yes, you tragically misspelled the words. But I forgive you, cuz you're french...

10:50 a.m.  
Blogger Beaver said...

Hehe :) Not going up the hill but saying you did it, huh ?

I like the way you think...

11:28 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're soooooooo lazy!As a french person I should not forgive (but I do anyway but that's just 'cause I'm stupid).What's few stairs even when you're exhausted when you know you will have a wonderful view at the top!Next time, I'll take to le sacré coeur and you'll know your pain!!

5:46 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home