Thursday, June 02, 2005

(Relative) freedom!

Okay! So exams are over! Again!
Ah, the magic that is summer school. Somehow a semester's worth of material gets crammed into one month of intensive classes, to the detriment of the students' sanity (but sanity is so passe anyways). So my final was yesterday and MAN am I ever pooped. I mean seriously, if I didn't have my lab at the crak-of-dawn hour of 1 P.M., I don't think I would have ever left bed this morning. Uh. This is why I'm glad I DO have a lab job, it will keep me for slipping down the slippery slope of laziness during the month of June (at least I hope it will).
So I celebrated end-of-summer-school-finals by going to this nifty pub called St. Elizabeth. Its claim to fame is its small back terrase: a small courtyard which is delimited by three 10-story buildings, and somehow, they've gotten vines to climb up the whole ten stories. It's dizying to look up, and to improve the effect, there are soft green lights all over. It feels as though you're in some kind of pre-raphealite painting! I ended up going with the most impossibly random group of people: two friends from class, friends from rez, a friend who was graduating, etc. I forced everyone to play the card game President, and they loved it :)
Now here is where it gets weird: out of the blue, we bump into Charlotte! I'm so glad I got to see her, because she left early this morning, and I would have never gotten the chance to properly say goodbye. So Charlotte came to St. E's with a childhood friend, who had older triplet sisters. It turns out that Chay (my brother's very close friend from Montreal, who ALSO happens to be my swing dancing teacher) was there celebrating one of the triplets' graduation! It gets better: another one of the triplets was my frosh leader (she's awesome, I still see her now and again), and the graduating triplet (the one that Chay knew) is going to Madagascar to work this summer!! So naturally she was very excited to have someone (vaguely) familiar that she would be able to contact once she arrived there.
Uh!! Decidement, le monde est tres, tres petit! It was the most mind boggling night. And who says that Montreal is empty in the summer?!

OK, my battery is low so I'd better jet. I will try to update more often, but quite frankly there really isn't anything interesting for me to talk about :-)

4 Comments:

Blogger 007 in Africa said...

Youv'e just entered...the TWILIGHT zone. Tooditoodi tooditoodi...

2:47 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

... or perhaps "Six Feet Under"!

3:12 p.m.  
Blogger Victoria said...

I shudder at the thought of which character I'd be in Six Feet Under!!

3:47 p.m.  
Blogger 007 in Africa said...

Youd be definitely the dead guy

5:24 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home