Saturday, May 07, 2005

Wow

OK, so quite a few things have happened, and I'm sorry I haven't updated here sooner! So, first and foremost is that I HAVE AN APARTMENT! Yes, me, Victoria the PC hobo, finally have a place to call my own. Thank goodness. And let me tell you, it is bee-oo-tee-ful! Two bedrooms (we flipped and I got the nice one, moo ha ha), a nice big living room, a small kitchen and a nice bathroom. Hardwood floors, fully renovated appliances, 1920s architecture (the light switches aren't switches but buttons that you press on and off, Sarah has a fireplace in her room), upper Plateau, I'm in looooove! I want to paint my room a nice orange! I'm so excited. I hope people will make the effort to come up to our place, but I have the feeling I'll be chilling at my ghetto-living friends' places a lot. Still.
Montreal finally decided to bust out the summerish weather, and not too soon either. For two weeks we'd had dreary rain and cold temperatures, it was really getting frustrating. I napped in the sun yesterday, it was lovely. I love Montreal in the summer so much, there's always something going on! If I was back home, or in France, I know I'd be bumming around being unproductive. It seems like I'm even busier now than I was during the school year, and I love it! I'm just a little sad because I think I'm going to miss the famous Jazz festival in July because I'll be in France then. There's supposed to be great dancing then :'-(
Speaking of dancing, my partner is moving to Alaska tomorrow (uh, go figure), so last night was our last chance to dance at the Cat's Corner for a while, at least. My feet hurt today, but oh my was it ever worth it!
Man. It's been a good week.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Vicky, your new place sounds really nice! And the plateau is a much cooler place to live in than the ghetto (even though you may regret it when it gets to -30 degrees).
Will you be stopping by London when you go to France? If so, we'll have to see each other :)
Enjoy your first months of summer in Mtl, it is the best time ever!

4:57 p.m.  
Blogger Kate said...

i'm happy for you! that must be so cool to have a nice place. i can't wait to have my own apartment, which i hope will be something like yours.

9:50 p.m.  
Blogger Victoria said...

Thanks! It really is nice to have a place of one's own... but there are times when the sink is overflowing with dirty dishes, none of your clothes are clean, and the fridge is empty, where all you want to do is sit down and be at home. It's kind of scary to think that next year I'll really have to be independent...
I love your blog, keep it up!

9:21 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like I'll have to visit again soon to see your new place :)
-Ammo

11:44 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home