Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Excuses

So.
This is the first time I've been on the internet since last Friday. By my standards, this is a long time! So just for a head's up on what's going on here:
-I'm still homeless
-I'll be renting out my friend Lopa's apartment this summer (whew)
-I'm looking for a job. Yay.
-I'm feeling pretty hopeless about finals. Help. Me.
-I've discovered a new Montreal band, The Stars, which make everything better
-I'm going to take classes this summer
-I've decided that my wedding will involve VAMPIRE ELEPHANTS, and that Beata will be my bridesmaid-- tragically forced to wear a seafoam coloured dress (Moo ha ha)

Also, I went to this thing called a Swing Ring on Friday and it was a-mazing. Everyone was wearing either poodle skirts or fedoras and suspenders, there was a live band called the Jello Shots that even played "Wade in the Water" (this is exciting), and I was a first hand witness to a swing-off. That's right, ladies and gentlemen, a swing off.
I'll describe it all later, but let me tell you, it was quite impressive. If I have time this summer, I'd like to go to a swing camp... I'm such a dork, oh dear.
Finally, I was just thinking today that in two days, my first year of university will be over.
Uh.
I can't believe it. Where has the time gone? I came to McGill with no expectations (just fears), but I can frankly say that this year was entirely unexpected. There's been a lot to deal with, and there have been a few hard times (when I wished I could just go home and curl up in my bed... oops, make that my ex-home), but there have also been some truly incredible ones. I'm so grateful I met the people that I met. What if? What if I'd gone to France? What if I'd gone into U0? So many little mistakes and choices brought here. If I could start over... I think I'd do it all again. I've never been happier, or more stressed, or more exhausted, or more enthusiastic. I feel as though I've never been so alive. I just hope that next year will be as good as this one, et cetera.
As much as I want finals to end, I don't want this year to be over!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I've decided that my wedding will involve VAMPIRE ELEPHANTS"
Honestly, Vicky, don't you think weddings are scary enough on their own?
-Ammo (whose friends all seem to be getting married and I hope it's not contagious).

11:04 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home