Monday, July 03, 2006

Weekend

What a lovely weekend!
On Friday, I met up with one my travel buddies Marco and reminisced "the good ol' days" over a beer (Never mind that the good old days were hardly more than a month ago...).
For some reason, I've been finding it very hard to talk about my trip. So much happened in such a short span of time, there's so much to say that I honestly don't even know how to begin. And when I do, I can't help but feel that I'm boring my friends. I mean, who wants to hear me blather on about backpacking for hours anyway? So I've just been keeping silent, or repeating the same stories over and over again.

But on Friday night, all that changed. It felt so
good to be able to speak to someone who'd been through the same trip as I had, who understood the crazy situations I found myself in! What a release. I found myself telling him the story of how I (of course!) forgot my Lonely Planet on the bus, landed alone in an unknown city in Turkey at 5 A.M., and managed to find my way to the hostel, haha.
Then I met up with my friend Jon (astute readers will recognize him as friend-who-helped-me-paint) to celebrate his birthday in style. He's now officially two years older than I am, the geezer.
The next morning, his friend Cat and I had organized a rather hung-over brunch with all his friends at a fantastic brunch place in my neighborhood:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Yummm! But the celebration didn't end there, oh no. We also undertook the task of making our very own, rather terrifying pinata, stuffed with the best of candy, naturally.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Jon gets ready to strike (using a hockey stick, like a good Canadian)...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
...and we reap the spoils.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Sadly, I had to spend the rest of the day slavin--I mean, studying for my mock-MCAT exam on Sunday:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Gross.
I did manage to take a break to watch the last 30 minutes of the France-Brazil game.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
As you can tell from the zombie-like faces, it was a pretty amazing game. ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
I live on the border of the Greek and Portuguese neighborhoods, so I wasn't sure how people were going to react when France won. I was pleasantly surprised to find that it was quite the party!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Alright I think this post is quite long enough. I like pictures, can you tell? More should come soon-- in particular pictures of the jazz festival.

5 Comments:

Blogger 007 in Africa said...

Good luck on your first exam! If you want, we can do a practice run in France too...

4:07 a.m.  
Blogger Victoria said...

I'm actually missing another mock test to come to France. But that doesn't matter; I can always catch it up. I'm sort of wishing I'd decided to skip classes and stayed in France longer... And sadly, yes, I count on self-administering a test when I'm there.

9:36 a.m.  
Blogger Beaver said...

Hey ! Will call in today ti dli dee!

Great pics, sounds like you had a nice weekend !

Good luck :o)

1:46 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vic, I absolutely loved hearing all about your trip! It was so much fun to see all the pictures and hear your stories.

Starting next week I basically have every weekend off from work, so I'll probably be coming back to Montreal soon. I'll email you and let you know when!

I'm not sure when you're going to the wedding, but if I don't speak to you before that, have a wonderful time!

Don't study too much! (yeah right) ;)

Sarah

6:04 p.m.  
Blogger Victoria said...

I look forward to seeing both of you! Aww Sarah, you're one of the rare people I actually blathered on and on for hours to! :) I'm leaving for the July 15th weekend.

12:31 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home