Thursday, June 29, 2006

Barbie Girl

Scene from last night:
My lab partner Dana is on her way out. I'm still at the microscope, doing what I do--and will be there for at least another hour. I ask Dana to pop in a CD of music from my collection before she goes (otherwise the lab gets really quiet and creepy when I'm alone).
Dana: "Which one?"
Me: "Oh, anything that'll keep me awake."
Dana: "Oookay, if you say so."
She then choses my Part Mix #3 CD, compiled by yours truly. It's the worst cheese pop you can imagine. Some of the tracks are, I kid you not, Dragostai Din tei (Numa numa), You spin me Right Round by Dead or Alive, You're so Vain by Carly Simon, Mmm bop by the Hansons, Miles away by the Yeah yeah yeah, and Toxic by Britney Spears. Yes I know it is tasteless and that is why I love it.
So anyway, here I am happily singing along to Aqua's Barbie Girl, when --to my horror-- I hear the lab door open behind me. I turn around to see my stoic lab partner James standing at the door, looking vaguely frightened.
"I--oh god I though I was alone!", I stammer, starting to reach for the music in a mortified panick.
"No... I was in the microscope room..."
He then begins to sing along to Barbie Girl. He knew all of the words.

1 Comments:

Blogger 007 in Africa said...

That is sooo funny! (I actually spit out the water I was drinking in my shared office)

3:55 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home