Thursday, May 04, 2006

Off I go

In twelve hours, I will be on a plane taking off to Athens.

I'm not quite sure what to make of this. This past week has been such a rush-- what with catching up on cleaning and sleep, moving various people in and out of their apartments, seeing my non-Montreal friends off to their respective homes for the summer, planning our trip...
My life is chaotic at the moment. My two person apartment, cramped full of three people's furniture, reflects this: our living room looks as though a hostile take-over has occured, with couches piled up haphazardly, bed frames jammed up in corners, a rocking chair balancing delicatly on a set of boxes.
It's been an amazing summer so far--the usual in Montreal, it would seem. Choc-full of surprise birthday parties, BBQs (with the obligatory marshmallow roasting), discovery of new coffee shops which had, until now, been hidden beneath the snow. It's been walks through parks, riotous nights out on the town, evenings of rooftops picking out cloud shapes, catching up with friends unseen for too long.
Last night I went to the Books concert with a bunch of my friends. It was a very interesting show, as most of the music is sound clips and synthetic noises. The band had prepared a series of video clips to be watched at the same time as the music: completly random snipits of family picnics, nature, or simply anything that caught their eye.

Now I'm looking critically over my backpack thinking Now, do I absolutely need soap?, attempting (poorly) to leave as much room as possible for the scores of Turquish Delights I count on bringing back with me.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have an awesome time on your trip!!! :)

7:22 p.m.  
Blogger Beaver said...

now now are you going to Narnia ? ;o)

Tag, you're it !
(details on my blog)

6:30 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home