Sunday, July 10, 2005

Last day

Well, I leave tomorrow. Tear.
I think I beat a new record yesterday-- I went swing dancing twice in the space of 8 hours!
The first time was at a lindy-bomb. I went down to the Jazz fest and saw to my surprise that the Big Band concert hadn't been postponed due to the rain (it was pouring like it can only pour in Montreal-- check out Beaver's blog). The crowd was surprisingly large, and consisted mostly of people staring grimly at the stage while clinging on to their parkas or umbrellas. They looked like veterans. Well I soon found a small pocket of my swing-dancing friends, and when the music started, we just grinned at one another, threw away our umbrellas and started dancing our hearts out. It was so fun! My swing skirts got completely soaked (it's cotton, so that's OK), and I was having fun twirling and splashing everyone around.
The second time was at a club called Le Swimming. The Jello Shots were playing (again!), and it was the last event of the 1st annual Montreal Swing Festival. There were plenty of out-of-towners, which is always fun, because then people really strut their stuff and try to show off. They were doing all sorts of acrobatics! Everyone there was a sensational dancer, and I even got to do a few jumps.

Apart from that, last Friday was my last day at my lab. It was pretty anti-climactic, as Tamara (I mean Professor Western) wasn't in that day, and most people were off doing something else. I ended up doing my usual routine, then going down to the Phytotron one last time, and saying goodbye to my lab partners. Ah, well. I'll miss it! I am definitely going to try to volunteer at a hospital next year. But who knows--maybe research is for me after all?

8 Comments:

Blogger Beaver said...

He he ! Looks like the sun is shining on your last day in MTL ! Too bad we never got to meet...

Well enjoy that jazz music and make your way home safely. Montreal will still be there, so you can always come back!

7:49 p.m.  
Blogger 007 in Africa said...

Hey Vick, I haven't been keeping up with various blogs. Why did RHJ close her other blog? So pathetic I know, I'm obsessed :)

9:00 a.m.  
Blogger Kate said...

hey victoria, can i call you 007jr? i like having nicknames for people.

have a wonderful time in france! i wish you could have stopped by my house and hidden me in your suitcase!

~kate

10:31 a.m.  
Blogger Victoria said...

My email is 007jr! Creepy, have you been stalking me? ;) The sad thing is, my suitcase is more than large enough to accomodate you comfortably.

11:14 a.m.  
Blogger Victoria said...

Dang Doro, I just noticed that. I don't know! Maybe it's because of Layla... RHJ doesn't want her to find out more than she already has? Is that it, Kate?

11:17 a.m.  
Blogger Kate said...

well i knew that about your email, because you gave me your address, remember?

1:17 p.m.  
Blogger Victoria said...

I just remembered that. I am a dunce.

2:14 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Swinging in the rain...
-Ammo

2:35 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home