Saturday, July 09, 2005

London

As I'm sure you're all aware, there was a terrorist attack on London last Thursday. My sister's blog pretty much sums up how I feel about it. I'm so glad that my brother is OK.
Ugh, it seems as though terrorist attacks have been hitting so close to home (literaly!) these past few years. I hate playing into their desires by feeling scared and helpless.
Sometimes I wish that my family could all live in the same town, so that I could just walk over, touch them and make sure that everything is OK. But until then, the internet will have to do.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

hey victoria, i'm glad your brother is ok!

p.s. i haven't told giselle everything yet.

~kate

12:44 p.m.  
Blogger Beaver said...

Hmm... I know how you feel, but keep in mind that a scattered family also guarantees global safety... Even if immediate relief is not really at hand !

hmm... aren't you leaving Montreal soon ?

5:46 p.m.  
Blogger Victoria said...

I'm leaving on Monday! Today is my last full day (and the last Jazz fest day). Oh man do I ever not want to pack. There's so much to do...

12:09 p.m.  
Blogger Beaver said...

for sure you'll feel this way :) we always do...

But the truth is you'll be happy to be home :)

BTW, the GL is on Berri and Maisonneuve, and much of it is closed on Monday, but you'll still be able to get in the magazine section.

Enjoy the rest of Jazz fest while you can and come back to see us ! (On est pas sorteux, en bon québécois !)

7:46 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home