Monday, March 26, 2007

I can never win

So I did a massive spring-cleaning over-haul of the apartment tonight. You name it, I cleaned it: I swept the floors, then mopped them for good measure, bleached the counter tops, scrubbed the sink and wiped the dust off of the cabinets.
Et caetera.

And here I was, feeling quite satisfied with my ability to pretend that I'm a functioning human being, until I open the fridge door. Oops! I forgot to go grocery shopping. I've had to resort to a dinner which has consisted of crackers, cheese, and frozen fruits. Can I never win?

6 Comments:

Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

I keep "macaroni and cheese in a box" handy for such emergencies. You just boil some water, dump the macaroni in, and the cheese is some kind of orange powder you mix with milk.

but frozen fruit sounds pretty good. Probably better for you too.

2:01 a.m.  
Blogger Victoria said...

Hmm, I also have some pre-made food packets like that... unfortunately, I ran out of milk days ago. Waah!

12:05 p.m.  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

What if I said I also keep powdered milk around for emergency emergencies? Oh yea and hurricanes.

Or there is this "milk in a box" stuff that has a very long shelf life and does not require refrigeration. I think they nuke the stuff with gamma rays or x-rays or something after it is put into the box. This keeps it from going bad.

EXCELLENT for hurricane kits. Now if they can only invent butter that does not need to be in the fridge and has a shelf life of a year or two.

I call "meals in a box" Purina Bachelor Chow.

8:01 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He, you won't have this kind of problem in Washington....tu auras droit a la femme de menage. le frigidaire toujours rempli, une voiture pour sortir le soir....que demander de mieux???

Bises. Mom.

3:20 p.m.  
Blogger Victoria said...

C'est vrai! J'en reve un peu!

11:08 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The spring cleaning thing hit me too...swept, cleaned the bathroom, organized my closet and put away my winter clothes (just wait for a horrid snowstorm...)

8:46 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home