Sunday, June 17, 2007

Field trip! Hains Point

Yesterday I organized a picnic at this really cool statue called "The Awakening" that I wanted to see before it gets moved (it's been at Hains Point--an peninsula near the monuments which overlooks the Potomac--for 27 years now and has just been sold).

It was your classic good idea, bad idea scenario.
Good idea: organizing a picnic at a wickedly cool statue with friends and coworkers.

Bad idea: realizing that getting there involves an hour and a half walk in the sun. Each way.
Holy sunstroke, batman! I spent the rest of my Saturday night shivering with a migraine, feeling pukey, and cursing my English genes.


The coworkers didn't show (unsurprisingly), but I did end up having a splendid time with friends Emma and Andrew, and Vianney.

Here are a few pictures before I get the rest (most of them were taken with Vianney's camera; I'll add 'em when I get 'em):



5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, I love that statue!!! Where are they moving it??? When??

I'm going to do some shameless self-promotion now, but if you want to see more photos:
http://pix.alaporte.net/pub/USA/Washington+DC/Art+and+Statues/The+Awakening/

So how did it feel being swallowed by a giant? I like that picture :)
-Ammo

11:16 p.m.  
Blogger Victoria said...

Wow Ammo, those photos are gorgeous as usual)!

1:22 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks :). But I wish I'd taken one of someone being swallowed, it's great!

12:46 a.m.  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

I hope you checked for spiders before you stuck your leg in there.

5:12 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is an awesome picture by the way... hoohoo.
-tootoo

10:49 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home