Monday, January 22, 2007

Inner-tube water polo

Last Wednesday, after class, my friend Chase informed me:

"Oh, yeah, I should warn you that you're on my inner-tube water polo team. We have a game this Sunday. 5:30. At the gym. I'll see you there!"

Now, this tibit of information surprised me, for a few reasons:
1) I hadn't signed up to be on Chase's inner-tube water polo team.
2) I hadn't signed up to be on any inner-tube water polo team.
3) I'd never played inner-tube water polo in my life.

For those of you who can't picture it, it looks a-little something like this:

It's pretty much the least dignified sport in the world. I love it.

So on Sunday I found myself a member of the best inner-tube water polo team ever: The Watermonkeys.
The premise of the game is simple; it's basically water polo, with inner-tubes added. You're only allowed to flip a player if he/she is in possession of the ball.
Chase, who is a rather hefty guy, is basically unflippable. If he ever got hold of the ball, he'd basically barrel through the other team's defenses and score. It was beautiful.

It was also great meeting my team members--mostly dentistry students-- and discovering that not all medical students are driven to the point of being creepy. What a relief!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ROTFL, that looks hilarious :). I like their recruitment method :)
-Ammo

8:33 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home