Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Christmas break: recap

This break was exactly what I needed: although it was just 9 days, it feels as though it was much longer.
I was able to sleep to my little heart's content, eat like a pig, spend a bit of time with my family and last but not least, reconnect with my home town.
Coming back, after three years, felt like coming home. I realize now how much I've missed it. So: without further ado, Washigton D.C....

First my friend and I hit the Eastern market. We roamed the food stalls, gulped down hot cider, romanced the scary mannequins, and admired the crafts.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Then we picked through the books in the fullest bookstore I've ever seen.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This man was perturbed because I wanted to take a picture of him. But look! He's looking for books! In a bathroom! It's priceless!
I also love that the bathroom is the foreign novels section.

Next: the Phillips Gallery. I was so ashamed that I was raised in D.C. and had never been.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Pretending to be tourists.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Eventually, we made it to the National Gallery of Art...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Now it's back to work; classes start up again tomorrow! I'm excited to be leaving one home to return to another.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are great photos!
I've lived in DC longer than you have, and I've never been to the Eastern market :).
Bon courage pour le retour aux etudes...
-Ammo

9:43 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home