Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Ice storms and fondue

Well, exam month (December) has started.
The month began well, for what it's worth. My friends hosted an amazing formal Christmas dinner party/pot-luck...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
(This picture was taken by my friend Owen)
Don't we just look so handsome?

It was a typical evening: great food (my friend even made a Turkey!), lots of wine (collectively pooled), and lots and lots of guitar playing. The night rapidly detiorated into the lot of us sitting around in formal-wear singing along to old songs.

Then, the weather finally became winter-like (it's been an uncomfortably warm November), and we had a mini ice storm on our hands (these pictures were all taken by Heather):
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
(Mile-End still has power, but Outremont doesn't. Montreal has some strange power grids...)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Heather picked me that last flower. Isn't it cool?
It's been snowing big fluffly flakes since then-- peeeerfect study weather.

Finally, as a last pre-finals hurrah, I hosted a fondue party at my house. There was: a beer and peppered cheddar fondue, a white wine and emmenthal fondue, and, naturally, a chocolate fondue.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And 007inAfrica: just to prove how much the lamp you gave me for my birthday is appreciated...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
:D

Now, in all likelyhood, I won't re-surface until exams are over (December 21st).

6 Comments:

Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Those ice photos look cold. Too cold. My sub-tropical South Florida born and raised ass could probably not handle that.

Now hurricanes - those I can deal with.

12:42 a.m.  
Blogger Victoria said...

You know, I used to think Canadia was too cold as well. But with all the global warming, it turns out it's just fine. Or maybe I'm just finally adapting to the weather.
You can keep your hurricanes!

7:37 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool pictures! Cool weather too, I guess :)
-Ammo

5:06 p.m.  
Blogger Beaver said...

Less than 2 weeks away from flying back to Canada. *brrrr*

The pix are absolutely excellent. Hmmm Fondue !

6:02 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The pics of the ice storm are fab!

Fondue is great, but raclette is better ;-)

12:04 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh la la,a nouveau l'hiver.....cela me fait un peu peur de retrouver cela apres Madagascar. Bref, je suis tout de meme bien heureuse de retrouver l'Amerique!!!

Bon courage pour tes examens.

Love. Mom.

6:33 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home