Wednesday, October 18, 2006

You will blog about this

The title of this post refers to this shirt.

Hahaha, so appearantly my computer had a virus which corrupted 4,088 files.


I honestly just burst out laughing. The technician gave me a sheepish grin and mentioned it was one of the more infected computers he'd seen. In any case, it's clean now, and all of my crucial documents (i.e. my pictures and music) are A-OK. I also always keep my resume and cover letters backed up on a USB key, thank goodness.

However, now my computer has a new problem. The battery, which was fine when I handed in the computer on Thrusday, is now kaput. It's been "charging" for hours now, but remains at a dismal 0%. I have no way of proving that it was fine before I left it at the shop but... it... was. So yeah. I hope they will believe me, and that all of this will get worked out. Somehow I doubt that though.

On a completly unrelated note, I was speaking to my buddy Carlo the other day...
Carlo: You know, I knew you in first year. We were in the same BIOL 200 conference.
Me: Where we really? I don't remember that...
Carlo: Yep. Only I didn't speak to you because I didn't like you very much. You were just so stressed out!

Haha! I'm a bit embarassed that he remembers me from back then actually; I was fresh off of the high school boat and generally flipping out about University. I had no idea how much work was required of me, and naturally went way over board.

It's funny to think how much I've mellowed out over the two and a half years I've been at McGill. Now I'm getting ready for graduation (gotta take those pictures), and don't recognize any of the freshmen on campus. Ah la la, c'est la vie...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm kind of in denial that this is my last year and that I'm graduating this Spring. CRAZY. It's all very scary and I have absolutely no idea what I'm going to do next year.

I kind of envy those who get to go to McGill for four years. I feel like I could have used the extra year to do a double minor and, you know, learn more stuff.

Unrelated note: I'm looking forward to our dinner!

3:17 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Arf. I feel your pain. In the past year, I've gone through 4 laptops, mostly because of hard drive failures.

If your PC is a Dell, know that there is a recall on certain models due to battery defects. Also, if you just bought your PC, in Quebec the sales guarantee lasts 30 days, so don't wait up to return it!

Hugs to you,

Beav'

2:54 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home