Friday, August 25, 2006

Whine whine whine

Sweet baby Jesus, I'd forgotten how much I hate applications. I hate them. I hate them alot.

I recently learned that deadlines for applying to several schools I was interested in are around September 15th. Say it with me now: Ahh. Ahhhhh! It seems as though I'm the last one jumping on the application train, too.
Oh God.

Why, why am I always scrambling around to get things done? Why can't I ever do things properly?How on Earth do other people manage to be so on top of things?

Perhaps the worst part of all of this is that the last time I applied to university was a mere two years ago, and I really don't feel as though I've learned anything since then. I still get confused by the whole process, and end up crying with frustration in front of my computer.

On top of it all, I still have to submit a scientific paper to my professor by the end of August (I haven't started), I'm scheduled to get my wisdom teeth removed next Monday (it's my first operation), and I still haven't finalized my September courses. I'm going to take a nap now; maybe when I wake up everything will be okay.

4 Comments:

Blogger MissRancher said...

Ooooh, wisdom teeth out! Are they impacted? I had mine out at 16 and I looked like a chipmunk for a week!! Good luck!!! Ask for some good painkillers :-)

10:26 p.m.  
Blogger Victoria said...

The top two are compacted, and the bottom two are so big that they will have to be broken :( The doctor also told me there was a 4% chance that I would lose feeling to my jaw, and a 0.8% chance overall that it would be a permanent loss. Yikes!
I do however, get to take some "happy drugs" before the operation, so that's pretty cool. :)

9:19 a.m.  
Blogger swoods said...

Don't worry Victoria, you still have a while to apply to those schools. Just take it one application at a time and you'll be fine. Applying for any school can be complicated, it's understandable that it's frustrating. Just think back to the first time you had to use Minerva - I was in tears registering the summer before school started.

Eeek, getting your wisdom teeth pulled out can be scary. I have to do that soon. Hopefully you'll heal quickly!

I'll be back in Mtl in a week and I'll come by and cheer you up if you're still getting over your surgery. :)

PS: I'm thinking of going to a concert on the 5th and I think you'd REALLY enjoy the band that's playing. If I get more info, I'll email it to you, okay?

6:19 p.m.  
Blogger Beaver said...

Aaaaargh ! Why is everyone having a grappy time?

Hang in there sweetie, you'll be ok.

*hugs*

M.

11:24 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home