Thursday, August 17, 2006

More David-isms

I just have to post this, because it made me giggle, and also because it's allowing me to procrastinate for a few more minutes.

My friend Dana went to get her hair cut by David. She was, as you can imagine, thrilled, and walked into her appointment clutching a picture of her dream haircut.

That was a mistake.

David took one glance at the picture and shortly announced: "You don't want that haircut."
"O...kay?" Dana replied, confused.
He then proceeded to work on her hair with the same zeal he showed for mine. To top it off, he straightened, gel-ed, and blow-dried the entire thing when he was through with it (something I'd asked him not do do with me). As Dana stared wide-eyed at her new, amazing hair-cut, all she could think was: Oh no! Now old ladies are going to scowl at me from the street!
But rest assured, it really does look great. And, like myself, she loves it now that she's had a little bit of time to get used to the change.

But perhaps my favorite part of the whole exchange was what happened on her way out. David was triumphantly grinning at his creation, when all of a sudden he starts frowning.
"Now, we're really going to have to colour this next, you know."
"C-colour? But! This is my natural hair colour!"
David sighs before retorting with:
"Oh God sweetie, I know."

1 Comments:

Blogger swoods said...

Ha! Oh man, I love this story. I really need to go get my hair cut by David, though do I really want to know what he'll say about mine? ;)

7:30 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home