Thursday, July 27, 2006

Snails

Aha! Finally something worthy of a little post.
Last night, I met up with my friend Alex, who wanted to know if I'd be interested in meeting Bob Cuddles and Margaret Fluffy-- his two giant African snails. At the thought of handling two enormous, slimy, hermaphroditic mollusks, I naturally quivered with joy and responded with an enthusiastic yes!

Let me tell you, those snails are awesome. They're pretty much impossible to kill (only need to be misted occasionally, and fed a minimum of once a year), quiet, and fun for the whole family. And they're cute!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Awwww... look at its stalked little eyes. When you poke them they roll back inside its body. Have I mentioned that they're really cool?
Holding them feels amazing. I'm convinced that it must therapeutic. Basically, a giant muscle is crawling up your arm very, very slowly: the snail grips you, and slimes its way forward by generating waves of contraction in its foot.

...Mom, can I have one too?

1 Comments:

Blogger swoods said...

That's such a cute photo!!

11:46 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home