Monday, July 24, 2006

Notes

Waugh, I'm still alive, I swear. It's been very, very busy around here.
Some little notes:
-The MCATs are less than a month away. It's crunch time!
-I got to see my family (as well as go to a wedding in France) two weekends ago. It was exhausting, but totally worth it (And it's true--french women know how to dress).
-For the first time in two years, I have a family member living in the same time zone as I do. This is proving dangerous; I'm getting these urges to call every five minutes just because I can, and because it'll cost me less than 2 bucks 50 an hour.
-I've been suffering from very bad migraines more and more frequently. Recently, they've become incapacitating, so I'm going to go visit an optometrist. I may become a four-eyes soon...

Hopefully I'll be able to post about something real soon.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've decided we're gonna be like, the best partners for the 301 class...You know lab stuff, I know lab stuff...at least one class I'll be ready for...

1:06 p.m.  
Blogger Victoria said...

Pfyeah! That class won't even know what hit it. Plus I know the TAs ;)
I'm such a lab nerd that my MCAT bio teacher picked up on it:
"When was the last time you ran an SDS PAGE?"
"...Three days ago"
"And what does SDS stand for? C'mon. I know you know it."
"Sodium Dodecyl Sulfate."
Auuuugh.

7:52 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My favorite part is how all conversations in the lab consist of odd combinations of letters:
"So, I need the cmpl R(I) primer, to PCR, in TAE 1X, using MSEQ"
"No no, silly man, you want good results, you want the TBE, cuz TAE is for wimps. And don't forget to clean with 80 TE before sequencing"
The most amazing thing is, I actually use BLAST! I thought it was only a myth on the internet that they taught us about in bio ...but it's really there...

4:01 p.m.  
Blogger Victoria said...

Oh yes, BLAST! Haha. I had a conversation about buffers the other day. (We were discussing TA vs. TG).
I think the funniest is when my chinese lab partners speak to eath other:
"Chinese chinese chinese oligoprimers chinese chinese RNA extraction chinese."
It's so weird.
So you're doing PCR? Sweet. I've got the protein gels covered.

12:38 p.m.  
Blogger 007 in Africa said...

Oh my god. that's all there is to say. Oh my god.

5:50 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home