Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Spring has sprung!

Or, as my father would say:

"Spring is sprung, the grass is ris
I wonder where them birdies is!"

It looks as though Spring is well on its way here in Montreal. The weather's a lovely 12 degrees (that's about 53 degrees for all you Americans), the sun is shining, the snow drift are melting...
I love spring. I really do.
I love the first day the soil starts to thaw. I love the smells in the breeze. I love hearing the birds sing. I love lying in the sun and feeling warm.

Appearantly, I'm not the only one, either: Montreal undergoes a metamorphisis every spring.
People walk around aimlessly, smiling beatifically, blinking in the sun. Buildings I'd never looked at twice in January now catch my eye (I'd never noticed those stiars were purple!); Montrealers sashay around, dressed in their best and brightest clothes; others start impromptu frisbee games.

In this spirit of spontaneity, I decided to give my friend Jon a haircut on the steps of the Redpath museum, on the McGill campus. Sadly, I have no skills in hair-cutting whatsoever, and the cut I gave him is reminiscent of
Leonard Nimoy's. Woops! Well, at least hair grows back.

I've been in such a lovely mood. This makes me wonder if I'd ever be able to live in Canada permanently. The winter months can get so hard sometimes...

11 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

hey vicky,

i love spring too! i wanted to tell you i have a new url now. it's blue-diaries.blogspot.com

love
kate

7:28 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Which purple stairs? (Excuse me...stiars...)

8:39 p.m.  
Blogger Victoria said...

Oops, typo. Thanks for pointing it out :P
St, Tropol's. I can't wait until they open their patio up again! We should have lunch there sometime...

9:28 p.m.  
Blogger Beaver said...

Hmmm Montreal in spring is such a happy place. I miss it.

Notice how pheromones start spurting out of everyone on campus! This is obviously the mating season for humans, and you are in the ideal position to observe their mating rituals in their natural habitat.

Have the best time :o)

Beav'

8:37 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooh...their sandwiches are fantastic...

5:19 p.m.  
Blogger Victoria said...

Ha, Beaver! I think I've seen enough human mating rituals in the past few days to satisfy me for life. Boys have cooties.

Mmm sammiches... Hey how about we both do some psyc study together (for good old times) and go have lunch there afterwards? That way it won't cost us a thing! :)

6:44 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No no no no.... *Girls* have cooties! Boys are just dumb :)
-AMmo

11:40 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you want to keep my TV over the summer? It needs a friend...and the whole 6 channels you'll pick up on it gotta be better than nothing...

12:15 p.m.  
Blogger Victoria said...

Hm... maybe... I'm already keeping Gertie over the summer so I will already have company ;)

12:47 p.m.  
Blogger 007 in Africa said...

I love the haircut, it's very attractive!

11:43 a.m.  
Blogger Beaver said...

He he he I know it's incredible how human mating EXPLODES in Montreal in the spring !

yup. Cooties. Know the feeling. :o)

2:25 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home