Thursday, November 03, 2005

Happy Halloween!

Hello ghouls and gals!

I hope you all had a terrifying Halloween, but seeing as how most of you don't live in North America, that's probably unlikely (or at least, I hope it is).
I personally went to a swing dancing costume party on Friday night (yes yes, I'm a nerd, I know). Now, I have this tendency to ALWAYS over dress when it comes to costume parties. There's this part of my brain that hasn't matured a day since the age of four, and I'm secretly delighted every time I can dress up. So I went as a demon (in a renaissance dress), and nervously show up after the beginner's class was over.
Who was I kidding? These people are swing dancers. Heck, they get dressed up every week for no occasion at all. Needless to say, their costumes were amazing! There were synchronized ninjas, cool cats, a rubix cube (watch out for those corners when you're dancing), a sea monster, a plethora of demons, vampires, undead... and even a live band.
On Saturday night, some friends and I went to this bar called Mad Hatter's. It was great, they had all of the super nerdy halloween music and a costume competition.
So finally, it seems, I'm starting to build up a social life again. Whew!
However, I was at the library the morning after by 9 A.M. It's so funny because it ends up always being the same people in the same places at the same library, day after day. We're like barflies. Or barnacles.
I have a midterm tonight, and after that, studying for finals begins! I'm looking forward to the break though-- there's usually a lull in the workload in mid-November.

Oh and: Beata and I have started writing a Romance Novel during the course of our work-outs. It's authors will be Victoria Bond (sadly, my name already sounds too much like a Romance Novelist's!) and Breatrix LeChamp (although this might be our main character's name, we aren't sure yet).

4 Comments:

Blogger Victoria said...

Beata...

1. The best way to tickle you is to poke your shins.
2. The Darkness - I believe in a thing called love (org lab! Yaaay!)
3. Vodka blue-berry jello. That's right.
4. "Oh, STOP!" (you're right, it really makes no sense typed out)
5. I sat next to you in 206 and you looked like such a nice, normal girl :*(
6. ZEBU!!! No, really, you're a meerkat.
7. Honestly, I'm under the impression that I already know too much about you ;)

10:03 a.m.  
Blogger Victoria said...

Thought of a question: how do you always manage to destroy rice??

12:21 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am just that talented!
But I make a good sushi rice! I only destroy the rice that's not supposed to come in gooey clumps!
"Oh Stop!"...you're right...it's so much better when it's said!

3:33 p.m.  
Blogger 007 in Africa said...

Somehow, the "Barnacle" reference make me chuckle the loudest, as it strikes me a very biological remark to be making :)

11:26 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home