Monday, November 28, 2005

Gripe

Ugh, today is such a monday.

Woke up with a headache and exhausted (despite having slept for nine hours!).
Icky weather (what's new?).
Above-average boring classes.
Lost my bus pass (most of my family, I'm sure, will have a chuckle at this. I know I tend to lose everything, but how I managed to lose something I use several times a day and keep in my jean pocket is beyond me).

Luckily, a girl just emailed me to let me know that she found my bus pass in a classroom this morning, so I guess the situation isn't too bad.

So finals start next week. I spent the weekend studying, studying, and--oh hey!-- studying some more. I was super lame and anti-social, which means that I refused to go out, avoided people I recognized at the library (too grumpy to make a social effort), and even hung up on a friend. By accident!

Once again, Beat and I are teaming up for some nice, long, 8-hour stretches at the library. Then when we go home to eat, and I head over to the coffee shop on my street corner and study some more.

So, nothing fascinating is going on in my life at the moment...

I did cheat on friday though: my swing partner is back from Alaska for the week, so I went out to swing dance! It was a lovely time--as usual-- and I'd forgotten how well I got along with Thomas. An excerpt of our conversation:

Me: How's Alaska?!
Him: Alaska... Well, it is a simple beauty.
Him: And by simple, I mean you get tired of it. Very. Fast.
Him: If I see another humpback whale... I'm gonna shoot it!
Me: But Thomas! You're a marine biologist!
Him: *Crazy look*

He has to spend months on end on a boat with about five other people. Looking at whales and fish and stuff. Crazy! I wonder what job I'll end up with?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do recall we did some serious damage to a brownie...

9:13 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's wrong with studying?

You're only pulling 8 hours a day during finals? Weird...

11:18 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your swing partner is like Desmond! But, there's other people around him. And he's on the water, not stuck on an island.

Good luck with all that crazy studying. Have fun with Beta. :) I'm going home tomorrow until Monday afternoon/evening - I'll be able to study with no distractions.

(ha! The real reason I'm going home is that one of my old profs emailed me and was all "there's a party! you're invited!". Sooo, yeah.)

7:29 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

whoever put that anonymous comment deserves to have a spatula shoved up their...certain sphincter...

7:59 a.m.  
Blogger Victoria said...

Beat... you do mean the throat sphincter... right?... right??
Sarah, there is no way my swing partner is as creepy as Desmond! Eee, I miss LOST so much. Stupid studying. Can we watch it next semester again? :( Have fun at home, say hi to your kitty for me!
Ammo, I know I know. He was all complainin' about the whales and the beautiful wilderness while I stared at him with jealousy. Although have to stay on a boat will a select number of people for months... I'm not sure I could do that. I don't play well with other kids :-)

8:10 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home