Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Final season begins

So finals are now less than a month away. It's about time for a nice, healthy dose of panic, wouldn't you say?

The problem is, I actually did really well on my midterms, so I don't want to get lazy and start slacking off...
Speaking of slacking off, I had a lovely weekend! (My escuse for not working: I had a midterm on Thursday, and finals were more than a month away)
On friday night, I went to the other side of the mountain (Montreal is seperated in half by a mountain, the West side is more anglophone, the East side is more francophone-- I live in the West side) to visit l'Univeriste de Montreal.
U de M consists of many big buildings quite close to one another (unlike McGill, which is a little more spread out). It was really interesting to get to go inside, meet the students (most of whom are real quebecers), and capture the ambience of a different university. My friend hosts a radio show there on fridays, so we got to chose songs and tinker around for quite a bit in a radio station studio!

On Sunday I went to a Rufus Wainwright concert. For those of you who don't know, I love Rufus Wainwright! This was the third time I've had the luck to see him live, and he never disapoints. I went with my friends Kate, Stacie and Rich and could hardly contain my excitement the entire time. I especially love seeing him play in Montreal, because he grew up here. He always gets sentimental and starts sharing all of these childhood stories, or mentions he really like to eat at St. Tropol (an awesome sandwich place).

I am getting desperately low on food. So far, I've run out of: bread, vegetables, milk, butter, eggs... the list goes on. I mostly have pasta, bacon and fruits left. I know I should go grocery shopping but I just. Can't. Do it.
There are days when I wish I could close my eyes and all my errands get done for me...

PS: Thanks Will for posting on my guestmap... I wasn't even sure if you knew this blog existed.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you go grocery shopping?
Do it. DO IT!

8:39 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WE HAVE FLURRIES!!!!

2:30 p.m.  
Blogger Victoria said...

UGH! No way! It's actually nice out today!!
Oh, and I've finally gone shopping. Still have no apetite though :(

6:30 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just found it, thought you might appreciate it...

so anyway, heisenberg is speeding down the street and he gets pulled over by a cop
and the cop is like "do you know how fast you were going?"
and he says "no, but i know exactly where i am!"

5:12 p.m.  
Blogger Victoria said...

I... don't get it... :/
I DID however learn a new pickup line today (a bit late for the party, but whatever):
"What do you say we go behind this rock and get a little bolder?"
Get it?? Bolder, boulder! Ha ha ha!

6:54 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vic, I'm dissapointed that you didn't recognize the Heisenberg uncertainty principle! You can never predict an electron's position AND speed. The more certain you are of one, the less certain you are of the other...
By that logic, if you knew the speed and position of every particle in the universe, you could predict the future...

4:16 p.m.  
Blogger Victoria said...

Oh my god, you're right. I do beleive that we skipped over that in Org though, as it was meant to be 'review'
PS: Sorry Ammo, is our banter bothering you? :P

4:45 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home