Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving!

For all of you Canadians out there, I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.
As I'm pretty sure only my family actually reads this blog though, I'm assuming I'm the only one who got to munch on some good turkey this weekend.

I'm not even Canadian, and I still got to have two Thanksgiving dinners!
The first was at my friend Joel's: his family had come over and cooked for the most part of Saturday, with amazing results! Turkey, stuffing (vegetarian-- a disproportionate amount of my friends are vegetarian), cranberry sauce, pumpkin pies, for starters, but they also added a french twist with a plethora of cheeses, terrines, saucissons, tartes au citron, good bottles of wine... I thought I'd died and gone to Heaven. It was lovely.

My godfather's daughter, Mathilde, spent the weekend at my apartment. She had never had a real Thanksgiving, and I daresay she was rather impressed. She was especially happy to be able some typical french food again!
The next day, my friend Robin organized a potluck dinner with just a few friends. Everyone brought some essential part to the Thanksgiving dinner, and we all settled on her rug. Predictably, the guitar came out and it ended up being quite the relaxing evening... Before people started leaving, Robin asked us what we were thankful for. No one really knew how to formulate what they had to say!
I'm thankful for my friends--good support is essential, and they've definetly been there for me-- as well as for telephones and planes, because they really work, and make me feel like my family isn't so far away after all.

The weekend was so relaxing... so much better than last weekend! I mostly slept off my cold, and attemtped to study for my midterm on wednesday. Next week is going to be rough-- I have three midterms! Library runs, anyone?

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are we going to have a Thanksgiving dinner this year in Tana, Lyon ?
I realise how i miss America and their good traditions!!!!

Mom.

3:00 p.m.  
Blogger 007 in Africa said...

Gulp, now I feel guilty about not phoning you more often...

4:26 a.m.  
Blogger Victoria said...

Bwahaha, the evil scheme to guilt trip you worked :P

9:01 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope I don't count as family :)
You Canadians are always rushing... Real Thanksgiving isn't until November!
I'm thankful for chocolate.
-Ammo

9:17 p.m.  
Blogger Beaver said...

Thanksgiving is a Canadian holiday ? Really ?

Well then I guess I must be french ! I never celebarted it in my life !

*grin*

1:24 p.m.  
Blogger Beaver said...

Thanksgiving is a Canadian holiday ? Really ?

Well then I guess I must be french ! I never celebarted it in my life !

*grin*

1:24 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home